Where do you buy your meat in North West London?

In my continued search for good food in North West London (this is an obsession, I know…), I would like to know where you buy your meat in North West London… PLEASE!

I recently asked the question via our school’s parents newsletter and got quite a few answers (thanks!), here they are:

• Paula recommended Riverford, which are farmers selling their own all organic products online here
  • Mathieu recommended Provenance Butcher, based in Notting Hill (W11 2EU) but also taking online order here (not sure how far they deliver to though)
  • Mark recommended Hilton & Family in Pinner (59 Bridge St, HA5 3HZ), where they sell game as well as traditional cuts and will take orders; and Meat Like It Used To Be in Pinner too (50 Cannon Lane, HA5 1HW).
  • and quite a few people mentioned Ocado, which does have a wide selection of meats

I am definitely open to more suggestions if you have any!

Hampstead Butcher has 2 shops in NW3 & NW6: 56 Rosslyn Hill in Hampstead & 244 West End Lane, otherwise did find good pieces in the organic section at Marks & Spencer. Having grown up around Lyon, i can never find meat as i used to eat but by London standards those are decent places.

I buy some meat from Abel & Cole and am quite happy with it (eg. Bavette or pork ribs)

Another (too shy to post himself) informant has just recommended the Irish Butcher facing Willesden Green library.

Lately tried and tasted: Costco!!! After making orders to kind a friend, I finally visited the place last week with another kind friend and the meat offer is amazing: a lot of choice, all meat looking very good and fresh, and really helpful staff to help you choose the right cut for the dish you want to cook. The closest to LIL is in the Wembley industrial area (HA9 0YJ) but they are other scattered around London.