As the weather finally turned cold over the past few weeks, I came to the realisation that, as always at the beginning of a new season, I HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR!!! Does it sound familiar to any of you?.. So time for serious shopping and, if possible, for some bargain hunting.
I mentioned in a previous post the joy of sample sales – where for a few days you can get items from a specific designer at a steep discount (usually 50% and more). For November , the (numerous) brands going for samples sales are:
- LK Bennett footwear on 5-6th November at Carousel Next Door (W1U 8EN)
- Roksanda on 8-9th November at the Music Rooms (W1K 5LF)
- Les N ér éides jewellery on 8-11th November at 35 Long Acre (WC2E 9JT)
- Roland Mouret on 9-10th November at the BOX (E9 6LT)
- Erdem on 12-13th November at Showcase (SW1Y 4PE)
- Karen Millen on 13th November at Carousel Next Door (W1U, 81N)
- APC/ Isabelle Marant on 15-18th November at THE BOX (E9 6LT)
- Pringle of Scotland on 22nd November at Carousel Next Door (W1U 8EN)
- Markus Lupfer on 23rd November at the BOX (E9 6LT)
- Multibrand (Armani, Aspinal of London, Balenciaga, Dolce & Gabbana, Givenchy, John Galliano, Moschino, Prada, Roberto Cavalli, Sophie Hulme, Valentino, Versace) on 23-24th November at Chelsea Old Town Hall (SW3 5EE)
If this is not enough, November is also the season of mid-season sales. They tend to be announced quite randomly but Sandro is starting this Tuesday so I would not be surprised to see other French brands in London follow suit.
And as always, a little drive to Bicester Village does no hurt – the only place where Mr WembleyWonderful enjoys shopping (he has even converted two of his notorious shopping-reluctant colleagues!).
Whatever bargain you’re after, enjoy!