WembleyWonderful Tips #95:What to Do Over Half Term

The half-term holiday is nearly upon us, so time to get organised and find activities to keep everyone entertained for two weeks! Thankfully, there is always plenty to do in and around London.

Maybe your kids are not interested in free sweets (how did you manage that??!!) but for those who are, the key event of this half-term is obviously Halloween and its associated Treat or Trick madness!! If you are lucky enough to be in London on Wednesday 31st, I can’t recommend enough to go Treat and Tricking in St John’s Wood, it is the best experience ever ! The fun starts at nightfall (better be there early than late though, it gets very crowded) and the best streets are Carlton Hill, Clifton Hill, Loudoun Road and Springfield Road, all easily accessible from St John’s Wood tube station

If you’re keen to keep the Halloween spirit alive over the rest of the holiday, most estates around London organise themed activities for children during the half-term holiday. To name a few (most of them tried and tested by the WW family):

If Halloween if not your thing, there are plenty of other options. Going walking in the countryside is one and for this I refer you to the this post for that – we recently completed the “Brookmans and Gobions Wood” walk on ifootpath, which we shortened to 3 miles and ended in a lovely tea house, perfect!

Going to an art exhibition is another option. I recently summarised my favourite ones taking place in London here. Today we went to “Courtauld’s Impressionnists” at the National Gallery with the kids, only four rooms so short enough for them but so full of amazing paintings that I was mesmerised. Another exhibition I forgot to mention my WW Tips is “Good Grief, Charlie Brown”, starting at Somerset House on 25th October – I think I will wait a bit and combine the exhibition with an ice-rink ticket, so that the all family is happy.

Whatever you decide to do have a lovely break and Tips will be back on 5th November.

0 Likes

WembleyWonderful #100 - What We've Talked About Over 100 Newsletters