WembleyWonderful Tips #67: Let's Be Cultural in London

It’s had been since I had last looked at which exhibitions were running in London – then I took the tube and I realised I was about to miss The Impressionists at Tate Britain!!! No!!! So definitely time for a round-up of what new exhibitions are worth seeing in London currently. Very much painting-centric I’m afraid, in accordance with my tastes, selfish me!

• So as mentioned Tate Britain is running “The Impressionists in London” until 07/05/18. The exhibition features works by Monet, Pissaro, Sisley and others, when they flew to London during the Franco-Prussian war. Definitely one I want to see.
  • Tate Britain is concurrently running a Rachel Whiteread exhibition until 21/01/2018 – less familiar to French viewers (well, to me anyway…), she’s a major contemporary British sculptor and the exhibition is a retrospective of her work over the past 25 years.
  • Another exhibition I don’t want to miss: “Soutine’s Portraits” at the Courtauld Gallery, running until 21/01/18.
  • And yet another one: “Modigliani” at the Tate Modern, until 02/04/2018. The is a comprehensive gathering of the artist’s works, including twelve of his famous nudes, but also sculptures and portraits.
  • The National Portrait Gallery is exhibiting “Cézanne Portraits” until 11/-2/2018, with over fifty works on display.
  • The Royal Academy is running a “Jasper Johns” exhibition until 10/12/2017, here as well a full retrospective of the artist’s works.
  • And for the funkier among us, the Barbican Art Gallery is running a “Basquiat: Boom for Life” exhibition until 28/01/18.

So now just a question of getting organised and picking which exhibition you want to see first! And finding friends to go with!