WembleyWonderful Tips #54: Party Outfit Guide

As it does every year, the summer is back with its collection of events – garden parties, dinners, cocktails, wedding, christening, communions, and so on… This will not come to a surprise to my faithful readers but my key quest for each of these events is to find the perfect outfit! Here are a few suggestions on where to go to find it.

For party dresses , my go to place is (surprise surprise) The Outnet. Having my very own birthday party and a three-day wedding coming up in June, I have very widely explored the brands they have on offer, and my favourite for party dresses are Marchesa Notte , Mikael Aghal and Badgley Mischka . I also very much like Asos for party wear, but you can easily get lost on the website as they have so much choice! I tend to focus on their own brand; and for parties I adore the style of their prom dresses (I know, still 514 dresses to choose from…)

For party shoes , I am also an online addict – for reference and to demystify the experience, I am a (very standard) French size 39, UK 6, UK 8 ½ and Italy 38. The brands I really like and which (despite their look) remain comfortable are Schutz , Rupert Sanderson and Gianvitto Rossi . Of course you can also go for Jimmy Choo or Louboutin but I must admit I find them quite uncomfortable.

And finally for hats , I may not be completely up to date as my hat frenzy is long past… VV Rouleaux is a wonderful, cute looking ribbon/ haberdashery shop off Marylebone High Street and offers custom-made hats. But for headwear that will be worn once I admit that I tend to go for much cheaper options – Accessorize does a very good job!

So enjoy your parties and your shopping – and do not hesitate to send me a picture of your outfit!

0 Likes

WembleyWonderful #100 - What We've Talked About Over 100 Newsletters