WembleyWonderful Tips #111: Getting ready for Easter

Welcome to the 111th edition of WembleyWonderful. Were you scared by my efficiency when you read about my article about making family photo albums? You’ll be glad to hear that my greatest achievement of last week was to finally complete and order my 2018 family album… mid-March…and only because the credit I bought in January was about to expire… Shame on me!!! ENJOY AND KEEP POSTING YOUR ADDS ON www.wembleywonderful.com! AND PASS THIS E-MAIL ON TO NEW LIL PARENTS! [email protected]

WEMBLEYWONDERFUL ADDS

Would you like to learn how to decorate your home for free? Anne is holding a free workshop at her studio in Pinner on Wednesday 20 March, more details here.

Are you looking for handmade Easter treats? Nine local creators, including several LIL mums, will be holding an Easter Craft Market on 28th and 29th March in Pinner, more details here.

WEMBLEYWONDERFUL TIPS: GETTING READY FOR EASTER

The Easter holidays will be upon us sooner than you think (arrrghhhh!!! why are those kids always on holiday!!!). The WembleyWonderful family usually migrates to France over this period, but given my high reluctancy to get stuck in traffic on the M20 in the middle of Brexit Eurotunnel chaos, there is a high chance we will stay in London this time. So it’s definitely time to start planning what to do with the kids… The good thing is that there is actually plenty to choose from.

No matter that my eldest is turning 13 this month, we all adore going to Willows Activity Farm . It is mainly aimed at younger kids but there are outdoor climbing frames, big indoor slides and a range of farm animals (including new-born lambs; and hamsters with the same haircut as my older son) which make the day enjoyable for all of us. During the Easter holiday there is even an Easter egg hunt and who can say no to free chocolate? Bring your own picnic, though, as the food onsite it truly horrific!!!

For older kids, National Trust properties offer great days out and the largest estates organise Easter Egg Hunts over the holiday. The ones closest to North London are Osterley Park and House, Fenton House and Garden, Morden Hall, Ashridge Estate and Waddesdon Manor. But obviously there are plenty of others if you are keen to travel a bit further.

The Wildlife Trust looks after thousands of nature reserves across the UK. On its website, you can find the ones closest to you – although I am not exactly sure whether there are walking paths when you get there… I’ll try and keep you posted…. In the meantime, I’ll keep exploring the i-Footpaths walks , which we tried in the Autumn and were really good and easy to follow.

After going to see the Wildlife Photographer of the Year and the Dior (yippee!!!) exhibitions last week, I am very keen to keep dragging my kids to museum , so next on my list are Van Gogh and Bonnard.

And obviously going to the movies is an easy option for rainy days. I usually pass-on this chore to Mr WembleyWonderful, as I cannot bear to sit still for 90 minutes, so I am not the best advice here…. The Dumbo film has been wildly praised in the family.

In any case, do enjoy the first few weeks left before the holidays!!

0 Likes