WembleyWonderful Tips #106 - Photo Album Fun (Not!)

This is the time again… of my yearly photo book making! Arrrggghhh!..

I’ve been making photo albums ever since teenagerhood ; and when the children were born, I formalised the process into a yearly, January affair which is … painful to say the least! The result is wonderful though, when you can go back to all the family pictures years back, so I thought I’d share some tips about how I handle the all thing.

• After year of printing and sticking photos into albums, and getting very frustrated when the photos would eventually get unstuck, I moved to printed photo books in 2010. They are less charming but much sturdier. I use the Photobox photo books – more precisely the A4 standard hardcover, the same every year, yes I am boring like that! The standard number of page is 50 but I extend to 100 .
  • As I love a good bargain (but you know that!), I wait for the albums to be on sale . Photobook has regular offers which get sent to your e-mail if you register to their mailing list. And instead of making the album immediately, I buy credits which gives me time to make the album : you can choose between 1 and 3 months but I would strongly recommend NOT to take the 3-month one. With so much time in yours hands you become too complacent and you hand up doing the album at the last minute, hum hum….
  • For our yearly photobook I always order two: one for the adults and one for the children. This way, the children’s one can be looked at with greasy fingers without me getting upset! I thought about ordering one for each child (on top of these two), for when they leave the house, but I am still pondering about the cost and the sense of such long-term planning…
  • In terms of organising pictures , I regularly upload our pictures on our desktop (at least after each holiday) – I file my pictures by date : “2019 01” for pictures of January 2019 for instance. After uploading, I delete whatever is not worth keeping, crop/ adjust the rest, and create a second folder containing only the pictures worth putting into an album : “Photoalbum 2019 01”. It makes things much quicker when it comes to uploading the pictures to the Photobox website.
  • I upload my pictures to Photobox twice a year, which makes it far less painful that doing it once a year – in June, when I make my photo diary (it runs July to July to match the school year and contains a family picure per week, I love it!); and in January, ahead of my annual photobook ordeal…
  • Every year, I reuse the same template – not hugely creative but much quicker!

And that’s about it! I hope these tips will help you and do not hesitate to share your!

0 Likes

OMG you’re so organised!!! xx

0 Likes

Congrats Elisenne! And thank you so much for making this seem so easy…it’s been on my to do this for ages.

0 Likes

Coming from you Isabelle I take it as a huge compliment!! Thanks!

0 Likes

Thank you Marie - I wouldn’t say easy though… Feasible at best!!!

0 Likes

It’s true!
Bonne semaine et bonnes vacances. Vous partez? Si oui où ?

Bises
Isabelle

Space & life organiser
0750 3025 784
www.ideaforyourspace.com

0 Likes