WembleyWonderful Tips #104 - How to Fight the January Blues

After the excitement of Christmas, I find that January is always a difficult month – even more so when there is just a month of school until the next kids’ holiday, arrgghhh!!! So here are a few suggestions to fight the January blues:

• Pretend it is still Christmas . Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park in now shut, as well as most pre-Christmas events in historical building. However a few outdoors ice-rinks are still open , so do enjoy the ones at the National History Museum until 20/01 and at Canary Wharf until 16/02.
  • Get a bit of retail therapy . I know, this is SO typical of me! But the sales are nearly finished so it is really the last chance to grab a bargain. And there is also a whole new season of sample sales ahead of us : The Music Rooms Mayfair are yet to publish their January schedule; but in the meantime there is a French Soles sale on 14-15th January; and there is a multi-designer sale taking place until 31st January. And if you’re into jewellery, the next Bonhams auction is taking place on 6th February and the catalogue is just out, yippee!
  • Go to an exhibition . I know it is a recurrent theme of my newsletters; but there is a such a wealth of culture in London it is just too good to miss! I really enjoyed the “Courtauld Impressionists: From Manet to Cézanne” at the National Gallery and it is finishing on 20th January, so last chance here as well. As a family we loved the Snoopy exhibition at Somerset House a lot, it is running until 3rd of March so definitely more time for this one. And the 0[p0ubn v Whitechapel Gallery’s “Staging Jackson Pollock” (until 24 March 2019) is still on my to do list.
  • Tidy-up your house . I know I must be completely crazy but tidying-up makes me happy – well to be honest I don’t like the process but I like the result! So flash-back to last week’s newsletter on all my tidying-up tricks.

Whichever solution you find, I hope January ends up being a lovely month for you. And do not hesitate to share your own tricks!