WembleyWonderful Tip #93: Which art exhibitions to see in London now?

I know it is a regular subject of my newsletters but I admit it is also a perfect excuse for me to look at what’s going on in London exhibitions-wise . For those who will be around at half-term and are looking at ideas to entertain the family; and for those who just enjoy a good exhibition, here is a summary of what’s up currently :

• The Courtauld Gallery at Somerset House is currently being refurbished and the National Gallery is taking the opportunity to host an exhibition with the highlights of the Courtauld collection, entitled: “Courtauld Impressionists: From Manet to Cézanne” . So for those too lazy to drag themselves further East (me, hum hum…); and for those who think a bit less is best art-wise (me too, shame…), this just sounds perfect!
  • The Whitechapel Gallery is hosting “Staging Jackson Pollock” (until 24 March 2019). There is not so much American art available in London, so if you don’t get regular opportunities to fly to New York (bouhouhou…) this is extremely exciting!!!
  • The Victoria&Albert Museum’s “Frida Kahlo: Making Her Self Up” exhibition is nearly reaching its end (4 November 2018) so we’d better hurry! The exhibition is sold-out but there are still a number of tickets available daily on a first-come, first saved basis if you are keen.
  • For clothes-addicts (we know who you are), the “Azzedine Alaïa: The Couturier” exhibition is running until 7th October at the Design Museum .

Not as much as usual that takes my fancy I must admit but that should do! Do not hesitate to post your own recommendations if you have some.

1 Like

WembleyWonderful #100 - What We've Talked About Over 100 Newsletters
WembleyWonderful Tips #95:What to Do Over Half Term