WembleyWonderful #167 - Forthcoming Musical Event in London

Thanks to Mr WembleyWonderful amazing organisation, the WembleyWonderful crowd went to the Opera last Saturday night and it was such a wonderful family experience that I decided to look for more similar events. After books last week and exhibitions the week before that, let’s talk about musical events happening in London over the next few months .

The Royal Opera House in Covent Garden has a very full agenda his year, with tons of very well known ballets and operas on offer. The ones I have selected should be a bit more child and teen-friendly:

The Royal Albert Hall has a very wide selection, both in terms of musical style (from classical to contemporary) and art form (from concerts to circus). My choices would be:

Pre-COVID, we attended a concert by candlelight at Saint Martin in the Field and it was a lovely experience that I strongly recommend. They are particularly appropriate for children, as they tend to be abbreviated version of well-known pieces; and they are very affordable. My selection is:

At the Royal Festival Hall , the only event that I fancy is Fauré’s Requiem: Music for Reflection and Hope (Sun 24 Oct 3pm).

And I was keen to look at the programme of “Opera in the Park in Holland Park”, but for the first time ever in my life I am far too early.

What about you? Do you have musical events you would like to recommend?