This month, MrWembleyWonderful and I are celebrating our 20 years in the UK . Although we haven’t applied (yet) for English nationality, all our children were born here. And our 5 hours of queue last week show how much British we have become!
When did that happen? For me, the balance tilted when I realised that instead of importing things from France (not only food and wine but also toothpaste, shampoo, baby ear drops, antobiotics and much more), I was actually bringing back UK products when going back to France for the summer. Incredible! And this year is no exception.
So as I seem to be in the mood for random lists, here is what I am taking with me (all links from Amazon for simplicity but in general your local supermarket will be much cheaper!):
- Shampoos from the Noughty brand , the best value-for-money ones for my and my daughter’s curls it seems.
- Allinson Easy Bake Yeast, because we have been baking our bread for ages and it’s definitely the best yeast we’ve ever found.
- Napisan stain remover because it just works so well.
- Creams for my eczema-prone daughter, including Diprobase, Bepanthen and Sudocream.
- Herb teas from the Pukka brand , our favourites including Three Mints, Night Time Berry and Cleanse.
- Verde’s nail cream and Tea Tree Oil extract , the only products that have ever worked for my nail fungal infections (and my aunt, who is a convert!).
- Minvita Gaba rice , because I haven’t be able to find the equivalent in my seaside village (how surprising!)
- Gluten free soy sauce, because the French are not very understanding towards food allergies…
Obviously when we’ll be coming back from France our car will be full of bottles of wine, French cider and pots of Casino’s Noisette (the best Nutella equivalent without palm oil) but never mind…
What about you? Do you have favourite British products you just can’t part with?