WembleyWonderful #163 - Summer Holiday Preparation

After a school year which has felt more like a school term (how did this year go?), I’m finding myself getting ready for the summer holidays… yet again! I just feel completely overwhelmed and I am sure I am not alone. So to reassure you, here is the random list of all the things I am planning to do before we leave -what do you mean unrealistically ambitious?

• Attend 12 sessions of Endermologie . For those who don’t know it, this is a deep massage treatment targeting cellulite and created in France (let’s be a bit nationalistic). This is the best treatment I’ve ever had and I highly recommend it if like me, you have a have a hate-hate relationship with your legs. It is best to follow a course of 10-12 sessions and have two treatments a week – quite a time investment for someone who can stay still but totally worth it…
  • Re-create the entire summer wardrobe of two of my children. Since they both grew 10cm in a year, absolutely nothing from last year fits anymore… I will be ordering mostly from La Redoute, Mayoral and Surfdome.
  • Adopt a cat. Cha-Cha turned up in our garden a month ago and is the nicest and best behaved cat we’ve ever met. He is not chipped and nobody has claimed him so I guess… after laughing at all our friends who got pets during lockdown, we are just going to get one after lockdown. No comment!
  • Get all our winter coats and duvet dry-cleaned . So that it does actually happen this year, contrary to last…
  • Order all kids’ uniforms (except shoes). From experience, there is nothing left in stock early September, but everything is available now! I order most shirt, trouser s
  • Manage kids on-and-off home schooling. After both my primary boys being on holiday for a week and my 3e girl being self-isolating, we enter the brevet revision week, followed by 3 days of home-schooling for our other daughter…. When will this nightmare ever end?
  • Sort out all kids’ vaccination. It turns out that after a year and a half of one-and-off lockdown, we are late on quite a few vaccines. Arrrggghhhh!
  • Etc, etc, etc…

I hope that if like me, you are running around like a headless chicken, this list made you feel a bit better… Or at least made you laugh…