After what seems an eternity spent in lockdown and rumours that we might not be able to leave England for the summer holiday (arrrghhhh!!!), I feel that my resilience is being constantly tested. So to boost my moral, I’ve decided to focus on the fact that lockdown is due to use substantially very soon (and that in one month exactly I am seeing my hairdresser, life priorities…). Here are the key dates as of now – freedom is around the corner my friends!!
From 29 March:
- The stay-at-home rule is lifted.
- Socialising of up to 6 people or 2 households is allowed outdoors – let’s pray the weather will warm up substantially!
- Outdoor sport facilities reopen (what do you mean outdoor sports in March?).
- Travelling abroad remains forbidden (bouhouhou…).
No earlier than 12 April:
- Non-essential shops, personal care services (including hairdresser – yes yes yes!!!), public services buildings and indoor sport facilities reopen.
- Self-contained holiday accommodation (such as holiday let and campsites) reopen.
- Hospitality venues can reopen for outdoors service.
- Funerals can host up to 30 people, weddings and celebratory events up to 15.
No earlier than 17 May:
- Socialising of up to 6 people or 2 households is allowed indoors; and outdoor gatherings of up to 30 people are allowed. Hugging may (or may not) be allowed and social distancing rule may (or may not) be relaxed.
- Reopening of indoor hospitality (restaurants and hotels), entertainment, groups sports venue and most of the highest risk sector.
- Larger performance and sporting events allowed.
- Up to 30 people allowed to celebratory events.
No earlier than 21 June:
No restrictions on social contact.
Oh Lord, it will take so long… Not sure this was a moral-boosting exercise after all, sorry!