WembleyWonderful started three years ago , initially as a weekly newsletter with adds from LIL parents, then with an associated conversation forum, www.wembleywonderful.com – and today I’m sending the 100th newsletter, hurrah! Over time the website has changed (to a more user-friendly version I hope), the registered users have increased, but the key idea remains: helping create a community around our school, on a fully non-profit basis. I do not advertise, the school does not mention WembleyWonderful to new parents or staff, so I fully rely on you my readers to let the world know we exist . This is to our benefit, as the bigger our community the better. And of course do not hesitate to give suggestions on what you’d like to read , after 100 newsletters you can guess my imagination is getting stretched!
So what have we been talking about over 100 newsletters?
- First and foremost , practicalities of life in London – being French I am afraid my concerns are very food-centric: Where to buy meat in North West London, Where to buy fish in North West London, A guide to English supermarkets, A guide to English Restaurants Chains. And away from the food : London Doctors Recommendations, A guide to the UK mortgage jungle, Children and the law in the UK, How to sell your car in the UK, Voting in the UK.
- A few guides of where to live in North West London : Stanmore, Willesden Green/Dollis Hill, St John’s Wood, Harrow on the Hill, South Hampstead.
- For a better understanding of the English culture : English books for kids, English Books for all, How to get what you what the English way, Christmas card etiquette in the UK.
- For socialising purposes, suggestions on how to entertain in London : Let’s barbecue, Summer party organising (not very season-appropriate now I’m afraid…)
- Many seasonal guides on what to do in and around London – most recently about Christmas-related activities and Ongoing art exhibitions (but also about Halloween, Outdoor fun, Weekend walks, and many others…)
- And about the things I love in life : shopping, shopping, shopping, organising my shopping, sewing, knitting, decorating, tidying-up… My life is SO exciting I know!
Obviously, this is only a short summary of all the stuff published over 100 newsletters – they are all on the website, under “WW Tips”, so very easy to search if you have a specific query. And you are always very welcome to ask me.