Spring Term 2018-Sewing, Dressmaking & Tailoring for Adults

Little Hands Design
www.littlehandsdesign.com

Learn the basics for starters or advanced tailoring and dressmaking skills
Experienced instructors provide expert guidance
Fully equipped and purpose designed studio
Relax in a warm and friendly environment
Guide your own learning by making what you choose.
Hundreds of projects available in studio or bring your own to work on.
Extra materials available to purchase if required

Who is this for?
Adults or teens over 14 from complete beginners to advanced.

Dates and Times
Tuesdays
10am-12:30pm
12:30- 3pm
7-9pm
Wednesdays
7-9pm

Start dates:
9th January for 5 weeks or 10 weeks.
20th February – 5 weeks
No classes on Bank Holidays or in February half-term (12th-18th February 2018)

Cost
9th January for 5 weeks – £100 (£20/session)
9th January for 10 weeks – £150 (£15/session)
20th February – 5 weeks – £100 (£20/session)
Costs exclude materials

What will you learn?
Basic skills you can learn: threading the machine, how to measure yourself, understanding the glossary for dressmaking patterns: seams, hems & darts, zips & buttonholes; how to copy an easy garment and learn about the right fabric for the each project.
Advanced skills: invisible zips, bound buttonholes, welt pockets, fitted sleeves & cuffs, ruffles & pleats, draping on the stand, pattern alterations, how to copy a more advanced garment.

What is included?
Materials are not included, you can bring your own or we have an array of fabrics and trimmings you can purchase at a very reasonable rate (all proceeds go to our bursary scheme for disadvantaged kids.)

Any concessions or offers
25% student discount available with proof of student ID.
10% off if your recommendation results in a new student enrolling!

What people Say
“I can’t think of a better place to learn sewing than here. Friendly and great teachers who can cover from complete beginners to advanced dressmaking. The classmates are also very friendly. I have never touched a sewing machine before I started last year, and now I am making clothes & costumes for myself and my son!”
(Yen, student for 2 years)
“I’ve been going to Little Hands for a few years now – I’m part of the furniture there! What I love about it is that I can create whatever I want, it’s the only place I have found that doesn’t dictate what you are making. The teachers know their stuff – they’re extremely knowledgeable & have helped me from potential fashion disasters! I have got several comments from the dresses I have made and love wearing my creations! Little Hands is brilliant! They have loads of materials to choose from including ones from Ted Baker at a very reasonable price. ”
(Hollie – Student for 3 ½ years)