Ideas for one-week holiday breaks in the UK?

The next school break is very soon and Spring is such a lovely time in England, so I would be very interested in your suggestions for holidays in the UK.

On my side, I would recommend the following areas:

• Cornwall: although a long drive from London (about 6 hours), that scenery is so beautiful that it is well worth it.
  • The Cotswolds: much closer to us (c2h), lovely villages of white-stone house and nice walks in the countryside.
  • The Jurassic Coast: quite close too (c2h), stretching about 100 miles between Exmouth in East Devon and Swanage in East Dorset, beautiful coast of white sandy beaches, steep white rock clives and clear waters. If you’re feeling brave you can even try to walk part of the South West Coast Path.
  • The Scilly Islands: facing the furthermost tip of Cornwall, accessible by boat or small plane (so not easy to reach), apparently quite wild (no cars) and beautiful - we’re going there for the half term so I’ll let you know!

Guys come in, I would love your suggestions, some of you must have done other holidays than simply going back to France!!!

Nous avons passé 3 jours superbes dans le sud de l’Angleterre (East Sussex). Très grande ballade en haut des seven sisters (grandes falaises). Visite du site de la bataille d’Hastings à Battle (audioguide très intéressant).
Premières découvertes en dehors de Londres et nous étions tous ravis !

We are just back from Tresco, one of the Scilly Islands, and I think it is one of the best holidays we had as a family! The islands are off the coast of Cornwall and both the inward and outward trips were sheer adventure in themselves - on the way in we flew from Exeter in a 12-seater plane; on the way back we were in a 6-seater motor boat. Tresco has no cars so the children were free to roam by bike everywhere, without us worrying about them. The water is turquoise blue, the nature is beautiful, and the island is small so we fully explored it running (for adults) and on bikes (for children) in a week. We booked via the Flying Boat Cottages and they took care of both the accommodation and the transport. Highly recommended!!!

We’ve been to Camber Sands, a bit far for a one-day trip (exactly 2h one-way from North London), but worth it: beautiful sand and marvellous huge dunes separating the beach from the road. Our young kids enjoyed a lot sliding up and down the dunes, we didn’t see them in the whole afternoon!