16th-20th December 2019, 9am-4pm each day, £250.00
Come and spend 5 days of practical, hands-on, fun-packed sessions with us! You will learn how to develop your own unique dress sense, become responsible consumers and how to design and make clothes and accessories whilst being mindful of the environment. We are lucky to have the support of leading fashion brands and will experiment with their kindly donated industry waste materials of highest quality. We will dive into the world of mending, altering and thrifting, learn about the life cycle of clothes, become socially conscious influencers and find out about new technologies aimed at reducing the impact of fashion on the environment. Suitable for all levels expect to use the sewing machine, hand-sewing, taking apart garments to create new garments, make trash to treasure with our beautiful waste materials of the highest quality. On successful completion of the course you will receive a certificate and become a ‘Sustainable Fashion Ambassador’!
As it is the festive season there will be plenty of opportunity to make presents for your friends and family (think of the pocket money you will be saving or a festive outfit).
- Expert design and fashion teachers
- Join in with the our design completion judged by external experts
- Become an agent of change
- Social space to make new friends
- Good for problem solving; fine motor skills
- Your friends won’t believe they have made it all themselves!
Who Is This For?
Children aged 8-18yrs. Complete beginners or advanced.
What Will You Learn?
- how to approach fashion from ‘cradle to cradle’ in a sustainable and ethical way
- learn how to buy, design, make, alter, look after and dispose of your fashion items in a conscious way
- how to use the sewing machines and basic tailoring skills
What Is Included?
- We are working with industry waste materials such as fabrics, trimmings, leather etc. mainly donated to our charity by leading fashion houses such as Ted Baker, Orlebar Brown, Anya Hindmarch, Marks & Spencer etc… Students are also encouraged to revamp their existing wardrobe and to bring in secondhand items to work on. PLEASE ALSO SEND IN CLOTHES/ACCESSORIES TO DONATE so we can swap and use them for our teaching!
- we will supply intensive tuition and all the tools needed such as sewing machines, scissors, measuring tools etc
Any Concessions Or Offers
- We are reserving a limited number per class to offer bursaries to students in special circumstances. If you think you might be eligible to apply we require a letter from your child’s school explaining your case.
- We regret not to be able to offer siblings discounts as any surplus funds from donations etc are being used for our school’s program of ‘Sustainable Fashion Clubs’
- If you would like to support our course through volunteering or donations please email us at [email protected], call 07739535684 to talk directly to us or approach the teacher during your child’s course
Dates, Times, Costs…
December holiday camp 16th-20th Dec 2019
5 full days, 9am – 4pm = £250.-
London School of Mosaic
181 Mansfield Road
How to get there
Tube : Belsize Park (Northern Line) • 10 min walk
Overground: Gospel Oak • 5 min walk
Buses: C11 (Southampton Road/Agincourt Road) • 24 & 46 (Mansfield Road) • 168 (Royal Free Hospital)
Street access to our studios is from Mansfield Road. There is no access from Southhampton Road. At Waxham Estate please go down the slope with parking space. Our entrance is straight ahead adjacent to other garages.
Or call 07739535684 or email [email protected]